The type of Personal Information that L&O collect is data that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
L&O currently collect and process the contact details of its members i.e. Names, Postal and Email addresses and telephone numbers that have been directly given, to enable the Area to communicate updated various Area lists, which may be shared with NAFAS.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the lawful basis that L&O rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent, given to L&O, to collect, use and store this data will be recorded securely, which can be withdrawn at any time and to have your Personal Information removed by contacting the Area Secretary: [email protected]
- L&O have a legal obligation. (The Area must have a way of contacting their management committee (Executive, Area Council) in order to run it effectively and ensure its legal obligations are met).
- L&O have a legitimate interest. (This means that the data is used in ways that are necessary in order to run the Area, and by providing publicity, emails etc.)
- Data will be stored securely and retained for a period of three years.
- When the data is no longer required, or when a request for it to be removed, it will be deleted securely.
- You have the right at any time to view your personal data to ascertain its validity, and to amend or delete accordingly.
- L&O are to act responsibly in the event of any data breach, and if appropriate inform the respective authorities.
- You have the right to raise with L&O any concerns you may have about the use of your personal data, however should this be unresolved you can contact:
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk